Tuesday 26 August 2014

Around The Neighbourhood

My second daily ritual after my morning coffee is to walk our two Golden Retrievers around the neighbourhood. Our dogs have a ton of energy to wear off and it gets me moving too! During the Winter, walking the dogs becomes more of a chore but in the warmer months it's a great way to soak up that fresh air and sunshine!


I was really excited that our new home is also so close to the water and couldn't wait to familiarize myself with my new surroundings.


Since we looked at the house in early Spring, we had only come to see the very edge of these trails. Then, still coated in snow, it was difficult to imagine everything in full bloom. What a fantastic surprise when the dogs and I came out of the clearing and ended up here!


As we walked the trail for the first time, I spotted this monarch butterfly caterpillar hiding under some milkweed.


And loved the simplicity of this small vine wrapped so tightly around this branch.


Genevieve and Murray were ecstatic when we ended our walk with a swim off the pebbly beach.


Walking the dogs has now become one of my favourite daily tasks. 

No comments:

Post a Comment