Now that the warmer weather is here I had to share Hubby's and my new guilty pleasure! Hubby found this recipe online and it has become his new specialty! Best of all it's quick, easy and delicious! Now I no longer have to feel like I'm missing out on burger night with the fam!
1 package of extra firm tofu
3 tbsp. vegetable oil
1 onion, thinly sliced
1 1/2 cups of barbecue sauce
6 hamburger buns
- Press the tofu between paper towels until the majority of the water has been squeezed out.
- Slice the tofu into 1/4" thick slices.
- Heat oil in a large skillet and fry the tofu pieces until they're golden brown on both sides.
- Add the onion and cook for a few more minutes until the onion has turned clear and softened.
- Add the barbecue sauce and cook on low for an additional 10 min. so the tofu has time to absorb the flavour. Adjust sauce amount as necessary.